Advent begins this evening. A friend of mine who is a Sister of St. Jospeh of Carondelet-Albany Province sent the link to this wonderful page with Advent daily reflections, resources, and links to other Advent sites. Although as one with a degree in Liturgical Theology, I look forward to the Paschal Triduum each year, Advent is still my favorite Liturgical Season. Even though I love to shop, I make an effort to complete my Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving in order to really attempt to slow down -- at least a little bit -- and really "be" with the spirit of this season. In the spirit of full disclosure, I'm never totally successful at this. But I really do try!
- December 3, 2009: PLACED ALONGSIDE MARY
- December 17, 2009: ADVENT PERSONS OF HOPE: ZECHARIAH, ELIZABETH, MARY
And two weekends of prayer: - December 4 - 6: ALL CREATION EAGERLY AWAITS THE COMING OF EMMANUEL
- December 11 - 13, 2009: QUIET ADVENT WEEKEND
A few weeks ago I subscribed a site called 3-Minute Retreat from Loyola Press. Loyola Press is also offering an Online Advent Retreat. So if you're unable to get to the St. Joseph Retreat Center with it's spectacular views of the rocky New England Coast, maybe you can make time for this online retreat from the comfort of your own home.
...And there's one more resource with Advent Reflections that just came into my email box. It's a site with Advent Reflections from the Sisters of Notre Dame in California. This icon of "Our Lady of the New Advent" accompanies the main page for the reflections.
Happy Advent!

No comments:
Post a Comment