Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

Zeal for Healing the Neighborhood of the Universe

Where does the time go? It seems the past two weeks have evaporated before my eyes. It seems I've been involved in a number of activities related to the Federation of the Sisters of St. Joseph. Every few years we have a event that brings together sisters and associates from the 16 congregations in the US that trace their roots to LePuy, France. The next event is in July 2011 and I’m part of the planning committee. The committee met at our vacation/retreat house in Nahant from March 2-5. I already know some of the group and met others for the first time. There are 9 of us from all over the United States. I’ve participated in almost every Federation Event since the 1970’s when they first started national gatherings. So it’s exciting to be part of shaping this one.

We spent a lot of time deciding on a theme for the event. The graphic at the top of this post gives the theme which is "Zeal for Healing the Neighborhood of the Universe." The logo is still in process. Part of my work will be to work with other CSSJ communicators on all the aspects of communications and public relations for the event. So you can be sure to hear more on this blog as information becomes available. You can get an overview of what the federation is about at http://www.sistersofsaintjosephfederation.org/

I returned to my office for one day and on Saturday headed across the state Holyoke, MA, for another meeting of the Atlantic Region of the Federation. I wrote about the work that this group has been doing in my January 31 post. The Weaving Relationships gatherings have met with such positive feedback that we plan to expand and offer similar gatherings again next year. We are in the process of asking others to be presenters and facilitators. It’s a wonderful way to meet sisters in other CSSJ congregations who share the same spirit, spirituality, and history.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Joanne, I just learned of your blog. You're doing a beautiful work here. What a warm and insightful look into the world of the CSJs. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete