I guess I’d call today a pretty full news day. We were highlighted in the the local newspaper, The Allston-Brighton Tab. The editor of the Tab contacted me after another article appeared in one of their partner newspapers. I wrote about that article in my January 12 post titled “Reporters’ Stereotypes of Sisters.” I must commend the editor of the Allston-Brighton Tab for taking the time to rework the story into a more accurate portrayal of how and why we are using the internet to tell others about our life. The title of the article is Roman Catholic sisters turn to technology to build community Here is the link to that article: http://www.wickedlocal.com/allston/news/lifestyle/x776739258/Roman-Catholic-sisters-turn-to-technology-to-build-community . The link is painfully long but I want readers to be able to find the article even when it’s not on the paper’s home page. I will probably say more about the content of this article in a later blog.
For now I also want to offer a link to another article where we were mentioned today. It’s an article in The Pilot, our archdiocesan Catholic newspaper. The title is Cardinal welcomes visitation of institutes for women religious. The link to that article is: http://www.thebostonpilot.com/article.asp?ID=7566 . As the spokesperson for our congregation, I’m quoted about 2/3rds of the way into the article. As I told the reporter when he called last week, we really don’t know much more about this visitation beyond what is on the official visitation website.
While these are two very different articles, perhaps one thing they have in common is that both represent a learning curve. The first demonstrates our learning curve in reaching out others through technology. The second is about how we are learning the process of this visitation as it unfolds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment