While these two moments were heart-stretching and tranforming, it feels as if every moment was a major moment...
- all the prayers during the event
- the whole setting...ambiance starting with the table centerpieces that drew us together, as well as the banners and Faces of Zeal videos [now on the event site home page & who are we page]. These represent every congregation in the Federation as well as our international sisters.
- liturgy with one of our associates who is a priest as presider,
- the keynote speakers,
- our public statement of support for our sister, Elizabeth Johnson,
- the culmination of two years of conversation and collaboration in the hotel's signing of the ECPAT Code to address human trafficking,
- ...and the news coverage of both of these -- don't miss the NCR article that does an excellent job of covering both of these in the context of the whole event.
- the many conversations -- formal and informal,
- the amazing hospitality and affirmation from the Millennium St. Louis Hotel management and associates and the brilliant work of NIX Conference and Meeting Management as well as the very patient and attentive technology crew....it just goes on and on.
A slde presentation that reviews the week was used during the closing prayer. It is on the Event 2011 website at
Scroll down from the slide show of the closing morning and open the link to the slide show. It takes a minute or so to open. Be patient.
My fear in listing any of these moments is that I will miss something. I want to extend a personal thank you to all who made the Sisters of St. Joseph U.S. Federation Event 2011 possible. The names are too numerous to list but you know who you are. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your "Zeal for healing the neighborhood of God's sacred universe." We are one, all is one, we are all one.