Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"...a generous heart" from Medaille's Maxim 54

It's Thanksgiving! We just celebrated evening prayer in our local community. Doris Klein, CSA, has written, "Gratitude is expansive, leading us outward beyond ourselves." That's the kind of gratitude to which Jean-Pierre Medaille, SJ, called the first Sisters of St. Joseph and Associates in the Maxims of the Little Institute and continues to call us each and every day.
In Maxim 53 he writes, "Keep an open and free heart...." and in Maxim 54, "...declare with a generous heart never to yield to anything that would be against God's will." It's not as if I went out and searched for these Maxims for this blog post. The reality is that these Maxims seem to have found me. They've been surfacing in my prayer over the past week or so. I delight in the images of fulness and abundance at Thanksgiving. I've posed a few pictures I took in Vermont, New Hampshire, and one in New Mexico [at the top] that speak of Thanksgiving's abundance.
Happy Thanksgiving!


1 comment:

  1. In spirit of the holiday I would like to thank you for all the work you do in keeping this blog updated and interesting.

    ReplyDelete